The Controller at Premier Truck Rental (PTR), reporting to the CFO, will manage daily accounting functions, oversee internal control, generate consolidating financial statements and monthly reporting, suggest process and system improvements, partner closely with supply chain, financial planning and analysis and operations teams and provide analytical insights and conceptual thinking in a collaborative, fast paced team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply accounting principles and processes, analyze financial information and manage the monthly and annual close process.
- Supervise directly or indirectly 5 accounting professionals.
- Review and evaluate closing processes for improvement/cycle reduction time.
- Administer and develop existing and new policies and procedures.
- Oversee accounts payable and general accounting.
- Oversee and perform account reconciliations, including fleet asset accounts.
- Oversee annual internal audit process.
- Work with outside auditors to prepare and issue annual audited financial statements.
- Working with other departments, develop and analyze revenues, costs and KPIs.
- Involvement in preparation for monthly results meeting.
- Involvement in sales tax issues.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Involvement in annual business planning process.
- Various analytical and continuous improvement projects.
Bachelor of Science Degree in accounting. CPA or CMA is a plus.
- 5-10 years of progressive financial and accounting experience, including consolidating financial statements.
- Some public accounting experience is a plus.
- Conceptual thinker that will add value to an already strong accounting team.
- STRONG skills in Microsoft Excel. Proficient in Outlook, Word and Powerpoint.
- Strong quantitative skills, expert problem-solving abilities, adeptness in the use of logic and good communication skills, strong intellectual curiosity.
- Experience in using an ERP system. Experience in MS D365 (F&O) system a plus.
- Ability to think conceptually in the preparation of complex analyses to address business opportunities/issues.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively complete tasks by their deadline.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent attention to detail.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits (eligible Day 1)
- 401K with match (eligible after 90 days)
- Generous Profit-Sharing Program (eligible after 1 year)
- Full On-Site Gym and Wellness Coach/Trainer available during the workday
- Auto, Tire, Car Detailing Discounts
- Yearly Stipend for PTR Gear/Swag
- AND MUCH MORE!