Operations Manager – Fort Worth, TX
The Operations Manager at our new Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) location will manage the initial setup and staffing of the operations department and will oversee the upfit, rental and production departments. They will also play a leadership role in growth strategy for DFW as a whole. This role is key to our continued success in providing timely, customized, and excellent customer service to our valued customers. Under the direction of the General Manager, Operations Manager will have an excellent opportunity to lead training and development of the team, along with managing safety, quality, finances, production, profitability, and inventory. Compensation is based on experience and includes a generous quarterly profit-sharing bonus program. Join a company that is successful and growing!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the production team at our DFW facility, ensure the success of the team by effectively staffing this location for upfits, production, and preparing rentals for customer pick up in a timely manner that meets PTR’s high level of quality that our customers expect.
- Create and implement labor staffing plan to ensure maximum flexibility to meet scheduling demands.
- Create and analyze operational KPIs, identify operational inefficiencies and successfully execute improvements.
- Communicate and embody the company’s CORE values through highly effective leadership, employee development and active participation in PTR’s leadership teams.
- Demonstrate active leadership by creating positive, accountable, and dynamic work environments by personal engagement and coaching throughout all levels of the organization.
- Take pride and ownership in the quality of equipment leaving the PTR DFW facility while providing excellent customer service.
- Drive innovation through the development, implementation, and maintenance of best practices, operational and service efficiency.
- Manage and drive customer focus within all areas of operational activities and ensure that effective relationships are maintained, internally and externally.
- Provide and execute strategic recommendations and solutions through analyzing location profit & loss statement and performance data.
- Consistently meet project deadlines and manage multiple department priorities at once, in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Manage the DFW facility needs by driving improvement projects, maintaining shop cleanliness, and ensuring the latest technology and equipment are utilized to run safely and efficiently
- 5+ years of experience in mid to senior level operational, service, or fleet management role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, or related field.
- Experience in manufacturing, upfit, utility equipment, rental, or automotive industry preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to create and sustain a culture of continuous process improvement and waste elimination that yields improvements to quality, delivery, cost.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of Products – Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint (Microsoft Dynamics Experience Preferred)
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills.
- Leadership & Team Building.
- Strong Business and Financial Acumen.
- Problem Solving / Analysis.
- Performance Management, Results Driven.
- Travel Requirements: 20% or less annually. Travel to Fort Wayne for training in the first 90 days
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits (eligible Day 1)
- 401K with match (eligible after 90 days)
- Generous Profit-Sharing Program (eligible after 1 year)
- Full On-Site Gym and Wellness Coach/Trainer available during the workday
- Auto, Tire, Car Detailing Discounts
- Yearly Stipend for PTR Gear/Swag
- AND MUCH MORE!