Lead Innovator of our Marketing Strategy
Social | Inbound and Outbound Marketing | Email and Text Marketing | Web and Application UX| Graphic Design and Branding |Events and Promotions | Branded Promo Gear
Our Marketing Director is an innovative, progressive, and a results-driven leader with a proven track record of building highly successful teams and brands. This executive is the lead innovator driving our marketing roadmap; pulling all the strings to create the look, feel, and strategic vision of the PTR brand. We expect ingenuity, creativity, and results from this key leadership role. The right person won’t just “do it better” than our competition; they will create a brand that is so original that our target customers forget the names of our competition. The perfect person for this job will enjoy sitting with a sales rep at dinner helping to wine and dine a customer, creating authentic, effective campaigns to drive revenue, engrossing themselves in industry leading marketing trends, providing copy and graphic design vision and critique, researching never-thought-of branded promotional items, and more. They need to thoroughly understand and constantly elevate our brand. This key role will report directly to the President.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with our Executive Team to ensure execution of key initiatives that lead to increased market share and profitability across all product lines.
- Build and lead a world-class team of driven creatives and doers. Provide support and professional development, challenge them daily and help them perform their work at a high level.
- Partner with our VP of Sales to provide top-of-the-line internal customer service to our Regional Sales Leaders.
- Complete a review of our entire marketing strategy, analyze areas for improvement, and propose a go-forward strategy and budget to take the PTR brand to the next level.
- Drive sales in each of our revenue streams and territories through outbound marketing strategies, making data-driven decisions while ensuring creative implementation methods.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders – team members and customers – to fully understand our business, competition, and drive growth.
- Research and identify trade groups and tradeshows to optimize brand awareness to increase market share and drive revenue.
- Break the mold and create and execute innovative, out-of-the-box tradeshow solutions. Tradeshow budgets will range from $10,000 / show to $350,000 / show.
- Plan memorable, smoothly executed events for our employees and customers alike to promote our brand and show appreciation.
- Take the lead on all things CRM and CMS, working with our Continuous Improvement team to ensure systems are efficiently integrated and we are leveraging all technology and data to drive productive campaigns between our sales and marketing teams.
- Manage a group of partner vendors – from photography and web design to programmers.
- Effectively manage a marketing budget of ~$2M annually.
- Own creative direction and ensure quality for the PTR brand.
- 7-10 years of leading all marketing functions and providing strategic marketing vision
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven track record of building high performing marketing teams and brands
- Financial and budgeting management ownership of marketing P&L
- Developing and executing top notch tradeshow experiences
- Has worked closely with key business functions to ensure effective execution of marketing plans
- Leadership and management oversight including a broad range of outside partners
- Ability to flex between strategic and day-to-day work demands
- Passionate and savvy marketer with strong branding skills and understanding of how to enhance the customer experience
- developing and executing successful programs, initiatives and promotions that generate positive ROI
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present and discuss both strategy and analysis to executive management
- Proven strength in new and emerging media
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits (eligible Day 1)
- 401K with match (eligible after 90 days)
- Generous Profit-Sharing Program (eligible after 1 year)
- Full On-Site Gym and Wellness Coach/Trainer available during the workday
- Auto, Tire, Car Detailing Discounts
- Yearly Stipend for PTR Gear/Swag
- AND MUCH MORE!