Imagine a 1st shift career where you will get paid to learn how to customize trucks in a very clean shop environment. Earn $40,000-$50,000 in your first year with an organization that has a great work environment and will teach you in demand skills that will help you grow and earn more in the future.
Premier Truck Rental (PTR) is seeking professionals that enjoy working with their hands to join their Fort Wayne, IN team as Installation Technicians. In this role, you will be responsible for the installation of toolboxes, ladder racks, and truck side steps on their rental fleet of F150-F750 series vehicles.
If you are mechanically inclined and want to learn in demand skills that will help you earn greater income, this is a career you need to explore. Candidates with previous experience in a production or maintenance role in any industry will be given preference!
Why join the PTR team:
- $18-$21/hr plus profit sharing after a year. You can expect to earn $45-$50k your first year and $50-$55k your second year.
- Very Convenient Day Shift Schedule – Hours are 6am-3pm. You get 2 15-minute breaks and an hour lunch. Overtime is available.
- Teamwork– Enjoy working in a very clean facility alongside a tight knit team. From happy hours and monthly team lunches to an on-site gym, they pride themselves on providing a fun, family-feel work environment.
- Paid Training – Get paid to learn how to do custom installations on trucks. Learn new skills that will help you advance in your career.
- Great Benefits – Medical, dental and vision coverage, Long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) after 90 days
- Awesome Perks – Minor league baseball and hockey event tickets, live music tickets, $150/year to purchase things company branded clothes, other company events, catered meals, and happy hours. Golf club membership to use driving range and full 18-hole course with a cart.
- Advancement Opportunity – Can be promoted to a team lead or an engineering tech as you gain more experience. Long term opportunities to grow into salaried management role exist as well!
- Build rental truck upfits such as installation of toolboxes, ladder racks, and truck side steps on our rental fleet of F150-F750 series vehicles.
- Safely perform connection of mechanical and electrical aftermarket components – such as fuel transfer pumps and safety strobe lighting.
- Complete installations in a timely manner, meeting rental schedule deadlines set by the Department Manager.
- Verify all installation items have been properly installed, and complete workshop orders with accuracy.
- Understand and execute all quality and safety standards regarding installation procedures and best practices, with work performed passing a final quality inspection.
- Perform electronic vehicle check-in and check-out inspections via tablet with close attention to detail.
- Perform all metal fabrication work (welding, cutting, drilling) required for the production build processes, and upfit processes.
- Work together with team members and Department Manager to continuously improve installation processes.