Inside Sales Representative
Inside Sales Representative (ISR)
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) at PTR is a key support role to our Territory Managers and Customers. They will be directly involved with customers and is tasked with representing PTR and exemplifying excellent customer service. They will support the sales team in an account management capacity and guide customers through the sales pipeline, from following up with rental quote requests to coordinating with the logistics and operations teams internally to see deals across the finish line. The ISR will check in several times daily with their TM. They will provide customer support as units come on or off rent, as well as during unit sale and/or swap processes. Main job functions include quoting and unit selection for deal fulfillment, assisting TM’s as they are on the road to manage their pipeline and deal load. Position is salary plus commission, phone and laptop provided. Some evening and weekend work is anticipated based upon the seasonality of our business. This role reports to the VP of Sales.
- Provide excellent customer service. Bend over backwards to make sure you are taking care of your customers.
- Qualify and quote online inquires for your prospective territories.
- Ensure quotes are input into the system with accuracy, and follow ups occur in a timely fashion.
- Effectively communicate between customer, TM, logistics, and other departments as needed to ensure customer requests are met in a timely manner.
- Coordinate On-Rent and Off-Rent notices, ensuring all delivery and pickup details are accurate and accounting, service, and sales departments have all pertinent information.
- Pursue and complete bid opportunities as assigned by TM for your territories.
- Utilize Microsoft based CRM to compile and analyze data with accuracy
- Assist additional departments with audit and additional projects, including ad-hoc reporting, as necessary.
- Manage the on-boarding paperwork for new customers, including insurance requirements, credit applications and send to the correct departments to process.
- Identify and arrange the swap of equipment from customers meeting the PTR de-fleeting criteria.
- Able to work proficiently in power BI, D365 and share point systems.
- Assisting in retail deals directly with customers.
- Working with marketing and updating lead generated systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related area preferred.
- 2+ years of light to medium duty truck sale & rental experience preferred.
- Ability to convert prospects into closed sales.
- Strong team player with the ability to effectively interact with personnel from all aspects of the business unit.
- Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Proactive and decisive contributor for the business with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and anticipate obstacles, developments, and problems by looking ahead to effectively execute responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent organization and follow through skills.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.