Who We’re Looking For At PTR, we want team members who support our core values, fit our culture, and ultimately love the work they do. What does that mean? It means teamwork and hard work, passion, integrity, and not forgetting how to have a good time! We want our employees to love their job and love the team they work with. Because when you love your work, it shows in your work product.
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for the sourcing and purchasing of production parts for all locations. S/he will develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, implementing contracts where appropriate.
– Utilize production schedules to order parts for new builds in Fort Wayne and at outside facilities, ensuring no downtime due to part shortages
– Monitor the tracking of ordered parts to identify delays in a timely manner and notify impacted parties of delays
– Maintain the bills of material and items lists for production builds
– Develop a process to ‘reserve’ parts for upcoming production builds
– Order the parts and supplies for the body shop and service teams
– Order the shop supplies for Fort Wayne production
– Conduct routine inventory cycle counts
– Audit the accuracy of production, service, and body shop workshop orders
– Review vendor invoices for accuracy, code to the correct account, and submit for payment
– Source new parts and/or new suppliers for production parts keeping in mind price, quality, and availability
– Negotiate contracts with suppliers
– Supply pricing for other departments as requested; ie. Damage billing, body shop, sales, etc
– Participate in the annual physical inventory
– Maintain contracts and be the point of contact for all facility maintenance